Sunday 6 May 2012

Pier weed of the day

Weed of the day is back!! 


Inspired by this indomitable specimen growing on Clevedon Pier I thought it about time that we give an annual nod to those plants that defy convention, and often physics to make a home wherever they see fit. 




I once wrote in defence of weeds - and given they are just plants in the 'wrong' place, I'll be looking for examples where plants are sticking two fingers up at us who know better. Not ones to shy from a challenge, and given how much they thrive, who can criticise them for their choices? Especially when you consider this restored Victorian gem your home:


To reminisce in weed wonder checkout some old favourites:

The first weed of the day
Iron weed of the day
Shy weed of the day
Hapless weed of the day
(sea) weed of the day

No comments:

The Hapless Kitchen Gardener

My photo
Bristol
I only feel hapless because some people make it look easy to grow 10 ft marrows or a banquet of greens whereas my courgettes got nabbed by killer slugs and I only got one raspberry. So tips and stories from people less hapless than I are more than welcome. As a disclaimer though, none of my comments should be taken as expert advice on which you can rely! © Unless stated otherwise, and with the exception of guest content where that guest retains copyright, all photos and posts are the copyright of Tom Carpen and may not be used without permission.