Saturday 7 May 2011

Gardening for good

My new gardening pal Kate, and her partner in crime Kat had a moment of madness last Thursday. After a long chat with a charity that builds schools in Africa they set themselves a challenge to find 250 people who would be willing to raise £100 each in one month. In return, each person would build a long term relationship with the school and be part of something quite special.

So I popped along on Thursday for a chat - incentivised by wine of course and yes, I'm now part of the 250 and following the excitement of tuesday's adventure with the salad butcherer and other friends, I'll be running a little intro into getting your hands dirty with gardening for anyone who's interested, with the aim of raising my £100 from those who come along.  If you're interested email me at Thehaplessgardener@gmail.com

But the problem with wine in the company of inspiring and enthusiastic people is that you then agree to saving the world. So I've joined the flamingo twins as they're affectionately known in scouring the country for anyone who is up for the same challenge - to raise £100 in June yourself. There's plenty of support and ideas if you go to Kat and Kate's superb little website that tells you tons more:

www.buildaschoolinamonth.org.uk


A far cry from my first broad bean, bring it on!

No comments:

The Hapless Kitchen Gardener

My photo
Bristol
I only feel hapless because some people make it look easy to grow 10 ft marrows or a banquet of greens whereas my courgettes got nabbed by killer slugs and I only got one raspberry. So tips and stories from people less hapless than I are more than welcome. As a disclaimer though, none of my comments should be taken as expert advice on which you can rely! © Unless stated otherwise, and with the exception of guest content where that guest retains copyright, all photos and posts are the copyright of Tom Carpen and may not be used without permission.